Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Photographic Portrait Prize - Give me your opinion!

 1

 2

 3

 4

 5

 6

 7

 8

 9

 10

 11

12

 13

14

The UK's National Portrait Gallery's Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize submission has once again come around. I have submitted to this contest at various times in the past and have yet to get any success. It is an expensive submission and a tedious one but I can't help but be drawn in. I remember going to the National Portrait Gallery many times in my youth (we lived in England for a year) and loving it. So despite the costs I am once again submitting this year. But this time I have a new approach. I want your opinion on what I should submit! I am going to submit a portrait or two from my The Park series and above are the ones that I think are the strongest. So vote in the comments below for your top 3. And if there is another park portrait that I have not included that you think I should submit tell me the blog post title (and describe the image) and I will consider that too. So kill a few minutes and help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    Of the ones you chose above, I like #13 best. I also love the one with the girl in the pink skates from the series 52. Just my opinion of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... the more I think about it, the harder it gets. I've got it down to four... 7, 12, 2, 14. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of the photos you'e posted above here, I like nos 8 and 14 best. But I've just, with pleasure, looked through the whole series and found some others too - like 2nd photo of Park 37 and 1st photo of Park 50... My absolute favourite though (as a contender for the Taylor Wessing prize) has to be the 1st photo of Park 17. Love it!

    Having said all that, I've never had any luck with Taylor Wessing either so hey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, I just checked out your biker series. Love it! Are you submitting to Taylor Wessing? If so I love the biker with the stomach/asshole tattoo, it will definitely stick with me!

      Delete
    2. Hi Kate, it's been a while since I last took a punt on the Taylor Wessing so I can't remember too clearly, but I think I tried submitting one or two of my biker pix, with no luck. Your liking the stomach/asshole photo (even without looking to check I know exactly which one you mean :D ) has me wondering it I should try again... but this competition is so expensive, can't afford it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though! Off to look you up on FB now, cheers!

      Delete
  5. Alio, Lucy, Frederic and Kate W thank you for the input! Most of the voting happened on facebook where I re-post my blog posts (come find me there if you want). I am tabulating now and will have the results up shortly.

    ReplyDelete