Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Park 22




My frequent visits to the park and the short and mundane interactions that I have with strangers are something that I have gotten used to now. I have been shooting in this way for a couple of months now and I enjoy the routine. In fact the routine and these interactions have made my summer a better and happier one. I now notice how much happier I am after talking to a stranger. Even in the everyday. When I go to the grocery store and I choose to check out with a real person rather than the automated system I most often leave with a smile, whereas machines often tend to leave me annoyed. I am happy to have the photos, and I think it is a strong series, but I think in some ways the interactions and the short discussions that I have with strangers have become more important to me, and have changed my approach to the world, and for this I am grateful. I'm not sure if this is important to the work, or if it shows in the images in some way, but it is something that will hopefully come into it somehow.