Wednesday, February 18, 2009




So then I came back to Montreal, happy with the photos I had been able to make of potatoes in Ireland, figured that really this shouldn't be that hard, and that I was doing well with this new way of working. Well, beware over-confidence! Photographing potatoes in a Canadian winter, and making them look like they belong, is not easy. Above are some of the results. Really I wasn't happy with any of them. Perhaps the top one was my favourite. And at this point my random choice of subject started to wear on me. I knew that if this project were to be anything I'd have to justify the use of potatoes and I wasn't happy with any of the reasoning that I had come up with. And so the potatoes were banished and I am now working with other subjects in the Canadian landscape. It's still a work in progress and I'm not ready to show it yet but I imagine that some time in the spring or early summer I will be able to show you the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment