Wednesday, August 13, 2008





Images from Lake George during this year's Americade.

On the first day of this summer's road trip we stopped for lunch in Lake George and to our surprise the place was full of motorcycles. Well it wasn't really a surprise because this was the third year in a row that we stumbled upon Americade on our way through New York State. So I have been to Lake George 3 times and have never seen it without thousands and thousands of bickers and their bikes! We now know that Americade takes place during the first week of June every summer. We only spent an hour or 2 in town so right after lunch I ran around asking people if I could photograph them with their bikes. In truth I'm not that happy with the results. I wish I could have spent more time there in order to really capture this amazing group of people.

2 comments:

  1. Hello. And OMG - you say here "In truth I'm not that happy with the results" but do you have any idea why? For the past 3 years I've been working on a similar project about a particular kind of British biker and have a painful love/hate relationship with the pictures I've been making. Not the same style as the Americade photos you've posted here (which I quite like actually) but... would you be open to an exchange? By that, I mean some kind of a discussion about our respective projects, somehow, at some point?

    Cheers, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lucy,
    Sorry to hear about your frustration. It's funny but right now I couldn't tell you exactly what isn't working for me. These Americade images just seem to fall flat, they don't grab my attention. Would love to discuss further and see your images at any time! Email me: kate@katehutchinson.com
    Thanks,
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete